The following rules apply exclusively to the Reef Starter Innovation Challenge. For rules pertaining to TechConnect projects in general, please consult the General Rules document found here. By submitting a response to this project, you agree to be bound by both these Challenge-specific rules as well as the General Rules.
ORGANIZER AND SPONSOR:
TechConnect Ventures (“TechConnect” or “Organizer”) is the administrator for this Challenge. Orbital Reef (“Sponsor”) is the Sponsor for this Challenge.
- Opening to submissions: Tuesday, September 22, 2022 at 7am Eastern
- Informational Webinar: Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 1pm Eastern
- Office Hour Sessions:
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 11am Eastern
- Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 3pm Eastern
- Closing to submissions: Friday, November 4, 2022 at 8pm Eastern
- Virtual Pitch Sessions: November 17, 2022
- Announcement of Winners: December 6, 2022
To be considered a participant in the Challenge, individuals or teams must submit their non-confidential response via the Challenge website. No other means of entry will be considered. Late Entries will not be considered.
The Reef Starter Innovation Challenge is free and open to all individuals over the age of 18.
Additionally, responses are welcome from:
- Early to growth stage startups
- Academic researchers
- University students
- Research institutes
- Technology transfer firms
- Venture capitalists
This Challenge is open to respondents of all countries with the exception of those countries currently under embargo or other sanctions by the United States federal government:
- North Korea
Additionally, individuals and organizations currently under sanctions from the United States federal government are ineligible to participate. For a complete list of sanctions, please visit Sanctions Programs and Country Information | U.S. Department of the Treasury.